Continuing Mojang's tradition of releasing major updates bi-annually on Hallowe'en: here comes the "Pretty Scary update." This update will be released on or about October 24th and contains lots of new stuff, many new decorative blocks, and major new threats to kill Dman repeatedly.
Also PUMPKIN PIE!
The link above is a list of planned features, which I'll just cut and paste below because I'm cool like that. Just remember that planned features doesn't necessarily mean implemented features. Also remember that this stuff isn't live yet.
Paste below this line___________________
- F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus
- F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions
- F3+T will reload the texturepack.
- Fire spread will be affected by the difficulty.
- Added a Command Blockthat that can run server commands when triggered by redstone, intended for adventure maps
- No crafting recipe, only obtainable through
/give <playername> 137
@pto address the nearest player,
@afor all players (where applicable) and
@rfor a random player
- Only OPs in creative mode can edit command lines.
- Can operate in silent mode where it doesn't display commands in the chat box.
- No crafting recipe, only obtainable through
- Added a few commands for use with the redstone command block
/difficultyto change game difficulty
/difficulty 0= peaceful
/difficulty 1= easy
/difficulty 2= normal
/difficulty 3= hard
- Toggling PvP
/spawnpointto change spawnpoint per player (not the actual spawnpoint but more like an invisible bed)
/spawnpoint<player> <x> <y> <z>
/gamerule doFireTickto change if the fire should spread
/gamerule doMobLootto change if mobs should drop items
/gamerule doMobSpawningto change if mobs should naturally spawn
/gamerule doTileDropsto change if blocks should have drops (does not work for paintings)
/gamerule keepInventoryto change if you should keep your items in your inventory if you die.
/gamerule mobGriefingto change if creepers and endermen should be able to change blocks.
/weather [clear | rain | thunder] <time>to change the weather
- Added a Repair & Name Anvil
- Wooden logs will be rotated according to what side of the block they are placed on.
- Place it on the side of a block to get a sideways log.
- Place it on the top or bottom of a block to get a topside log.
- Customizable World generation
- Added Wither Skeletons.
- Improved Superflat spawning options (World Height, Materials, Trees, Ores, Strongholds) 
- Entities (such as Cows, Minecarts, and Ghasts) will be able to travel through Nether Portals and End Portals.
- Entities will pass through instantly, but at a longer "cooldown".
- There are no restrictions, any entity at all can travel through the portals.
- Will allow fire burning entities like blazes to leave the Nether and potentially burn things.
- Portals will teleport an entity relative to where it entered.
- Added Wooden Button.
- Can be activated by Arrows.
- Wooden buttons and regular buttons trigger for longer
- Doors, trapdoors, levers and buttons will no longer be triggerable with left mouse button
- You can break them without switching their state or activating redstone
- Added new potions:
- Improved NPC villages and villagers to make them more self-aware
- You can now restore a desolate village or create a completely new village
- Added Beacons.
- Apply some effect (speed, haste, jump boost, resistance, strength, or regeneration) for 8 seconds
- Can be right-clicked to reveal a GUI
- Glows as bright as glowstoneand casts a white light into the sky when on an assembled pyramid.
- a 3x3 platform out of iron, gold, diamond and/or emerald blocks is the minimum size
- Additional layers with increasing size under that increase the reach of the effects
- Each layer unlocks a new level of effects and increases the block's range by 8 blocks
- You do not have to use only one block type for the pyramid, images have been released by members of the community showing multiple materials in one layer.
- The minimum range is 16 blocks
- Players within the blocks' range will be given the selected effects every 4 seconds
- Changing a block's selection costs 1 emerald, diamond, gold ingot or iron ingot
- The best configuration of blocks requires 164 blocks
- Each block can only apply one effect at a time. If there are 4 complete layers of blocks, players can additionally choose between Regeneration or tier II of the previously chosen effect
- Unlocked effects for each layer of blocks:
- 1: Speed and Haste
- 2: Resistance and Jump Boost
- 3: Strength
- 4: Regeneration and tier II of the other chosen effect
- Ender Dragons will spawn a portal on ground instead of air when killed.
- Chickens will be fed seeds to breed instead of wheat.
- A carrot-on-a-stickis used to control pigs
- Pigs with saddles will now drop the saddle when killed.
- Sheep spawn eggs can now spawn natural colored sheep (white, gray, brown, pink, etc.).
- Various new mobs
- Zombies have an animation when attacking.
- Zombies can now pick up and use items on the ground.
- Items that are picked up will have a 100% chance of dropping after dying.
- Zombies infect villagers
- The villager is immediately turned into a zombie
- On Normal difficulty, there is a 50% chance of infection and on Hard difficulty there is a 100% chance of infection
- Infected baby villagers turn into baby zombies
- Infected villagers will turn in to villagers again if you throw a Splash Potion of Weakness at them and right click on them with a normal golden apple.
- Added armor and weapon support for certain mobs
- Skeletons and zombies now rarely carry armor and weapons of all kinds, sometimes enchanted
- Mobs only drop the gear and weapons they are carrying
- But only on Normal and Hard difficulties, with higher chances on Hard
- Villagers can now like and dislike you
- Villagers who dislike you will refuse to trade
- Villagers will dislike you more for killing other villagers or allowing them to die
- Depending on how much villagers like you, they will start to offer you better trades
- Trades may be made permanent again or last shorter/longer
- Added a new painting, which shows how to create the Wither.
- Added Item Frames that allow you to display an item on the side of a block in a frame.
- Added flower pots.
- Added Cobblestone Walls and a mossy variant
- The ability to dye leather armor different colors.
- Wolf collars will be dyable.
- Added Corner Stairs.
- Added new Mapfunctionality.
- Paintings no longer drop when clicking in creative.
- Trapdoors can now be placed at the top or bottom of a block.
- Heads can be placed for decoration
- Skeleton, wither skeleton, zombie, player and creeper heads.
- NBT tags edited for any player's head. 
- Wither Skeleton Skulls can be obtained as a relatively rare drop from wither skeletons.
- Other heads are currently only obtainable via the creative inventory.
- Added Pumpkin Pie 
- Added Carrot, Potatoes, Baked Potato, Poisonous Potato, and Golden Carrot.
- Carrots and potatoes can now be found either in villages or growing in jungle biomes.
- Fix for sleeping in beds above 128